Tuesday, October 2, 2007

AU dollar - Eureka Stockade

Eureka Stockade 1854
2004 1 dollar commemorative, mint coin



Eureka stockade is an uprising of gold miners back in 1850s in Australia because of high taxes imposed by the authorities. It was a bloody war! Anyway refer to the image for a little more information. I got this from ebay.com I have been collecting 1 dollar commemorative from Australia since 1999. Some are easy to find through loose change but some were low in mintage that collectors hoard them so I have to buy some. This however is the first one I bought. I haven't bought any more yet, postage from Australia to the US is expensive. I may use a local address in Australia for delivery next time to cut the postage cost. I have about 15 dollar coin now, most of them were from circulation. I will try to feature them in here. I am little bit disappointed with the scan result of the image above, gold color coin doesn't seem to scan well.

This link on Wikipedia has a pretty good explanation if some are interested.

note: follow photo link for bigger image.

No comments:

Post a Comment