Monday, October 1, 2007

Russian Ruble


Apart from burning my hair accidentally today, don't worry I am fine and don't ask me how, there is nothing much going on regarding my coin collection. I have slowed down a bit. No new accumulation in the past 30 days. But soon I may have some new Honduras coins. I will post that as soon as I got them.

Anyway, the image displayed here is of course of Russian Ruble. I have not research anything about this particular coin. I decided to just make a comment and guess what it is through looking at the coin. I'll look in the book later. I got this from somebody I swap with once in a while in Europe. Let me know what you think. Some coin do scan better.

- I think this is a commemorative one because of the indication by the year of 1870 - 1970
- the image would be of Lenin
- the coin is of former Soviet Union
- I think it is one ruble (I am not sure)


Note: click on the image for bigger photo

10 comments:

  1. This coin celebrates the 100th anniversary of Lenin's birthday. One Ruble coin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. is it worth any money

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have the same coin. I am wondering is it of value.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just saw it online for sale ar $12. I have two i got from an old man in Belarus (former Sovier Union Republic).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an interesting necklace made of these coins - 12 total - with a wild red & orange facetted glass stone pendant - triangular in shape - with additional smaller coins dangling with more stones - said to have come from travelers on a Tibetan highway -

    Aquila

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in the navy from 79-83, I met some Russian sailors in Europe,I forget which country. Anyhow we were exchanging money,I ended up with this coin.they told me to hang on to it. It might be worth something some day. I laughed knowing what a rubble was worth. I got discharged,go home,lost it,forgot about,whatever. found It yesterday. glad to see it might be worth a few bucks. Don from Bradenton Fl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe, worth something. BUT this was given to as a swap so the valuable ones ($12) maybe have something special in it. I am hanging on to mine because I like this and maybe perhaps one it is worth more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ОДИН РУБЛЬ = One Ruble

    This was one of the most popular commemorative coins that can be found in circulation in the USSR

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one also, has been circulated so not just a keepsake commemorative ?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a set of 10 Russian coins in mint condition presented by Moscow Narodny Bank London celebrating the 115th Anniversary of Lenin's Birthday. I wondered if these coin had any value?

    ReplyDelete