Thursday, September 13, 2007

UK Half Pennt 1913

Half Penny, 1913, King George V, Bronze
Mintage: 17,476,000
Mintage between 1911 - 1925 is 322,502,000
KM# 809



I am not quite sure where I got this coin, I think this is from my mum-in-law. She gave me some old coins. The firsts "Half Pennys" were minted during King Edward the 3rd's reign. King George was in 1/2 penny from 1911 up to 1936, then the image changed to King George IV the next British Monarch.


Note: Click photo for a bigger image!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm considering starting a collection of British pieces. The artwork is just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The British pound some time depicts UK's 4 constituent countries own insignia or coat of arms. I don't know how often they do it. I have at least 3 or 4 of those coins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no idea just at the moment. You may want to ask the blogger of Coined For Money. His link is under "All About Coins" on the right panel. He might have a good idea.

    ReplyDelete